LVD Strippit has released a new version of its programming and shop management software, CADMAN® Suite version 8.5. The release includes enhancements for every CADMAN module, such as an improved dashboard for more intuitive use, and extends CADMAN’s integration capabilities to include the next generation of LVD Strippit’s Touch-P punch press control, as well as non-LVD Strippit cutting and punching equipment.
CADMAN helps streamline the complete fabrication process to make smart manufacturing possible – starting with a 3D part concept, communication to production control, organizing a shop’s manufacturing flow, to cutting, sorting and bending.
Beyond its new, modern look and feel, CADMAN Suite v8.5 provides these key updates:
- CADMAN-B bend CAM software has improved bend solution finding, including tool preselection based on active catalogue(s). Preferred (custom) tooling can be selected followed by several checks ending with a collision check on a 3D virtual production. The intelligent import function for import part by part or in batch has been enhanced. Form features are recognized, existing bends in the part can be indicated or bends can be excluded from the automatic solution find process.
- CADMAN-B is now also available for LVD Strippit Synchro-Form Series press brakes. Synchro-Form is the next generation of adaptive bending system designed specifically for bending of XXL profiles.
- Touch-B control software, which can be used in combination with CADMAN-B, is also improved. The sequence change – the time between bending parts – is now optimized, resulting in a significantly higher press brake working speed for increased productivity.
- CADMAN-L and CADMAN-P CAD/CAM software modules feature advanced nesting capabilities for laser cutting and punching. New functions such as “minimal heat impact” while finishing parts one by one, material thickness defined parameters, material and material condition technology cutting tables ensure a more smooth and automatic preparation for laser cutting. For punching, smart functionality such as “avoid hits with form tools” and “punch with form tools last” ensure reliable punching preparation. In the common module, parts can be detected automatically or manually in a multiple part drawing.
- CADMAN-JOB now connects to the latest Touch-P control for LVD Strippit punch presses as well as integrates to other, non-LVD Strippit fabrication cutting equipment. CADMAN-JOB connects the front office intakes and processing of orders with shop floor operations, facilitating a controlled process from the order to the finished part. The software provides real-time insights from the shop floor so users can optimize machine production time and fabrication resources.
- LVD Strippit’s Touch-i4 tablet, which works as a companion to CADMAN-JOB and helps sort parts after cutting, has the added functionality to assign parts to a certain location, which can be an identified carrier or warehouse position.
- CADMAN-SDI, Smart Drawing Importer, makes generating accurate cost estimates from imported CAD files easier and more accurate with a greater number of built-in cost drivers that help fabricators identify what’s driving their indirect manufacturing costs to determine the true cost of a part/product. CADMAN-SDI also offers more functionality for file exporting and improved batch importing capability. Additional cost drivers, including the length of the longest bend and maximum required bend force, are now part of the information on the display or in the export file.
In all, the v8.5 updates make CADMAN Software Suite a more powerful tool to meet the digitally integrated needs of today’s manufacturing and Industry 4.0.